Under the direction of the environmental services manager is responsible for performing housekeeping tasks in an efficient manner, with due consideration for the needs and comfort of the residents. Some laundry and dietary tasks may be required.
Minimum grade 10 education. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions in the English language. Needs visual acuity to ensure cleaning tasks are performed to standards. Must be physically able to perform the duties and withstand long periods of standing. Experience in a long-term care or retirement home setting in a housekeeping department will be given preference.
- Participates actively in, and contributes to, the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Performs daily and weekly cleaning and vacuuming of resident suites as required in accordance with established procedures, schedules and job routines.
- Cleans all offices, staff room, common areas, resident laundry rooms, washrooms, hallways and stairwells according to established policies, procedures and schedules.
- Replenishes paper supplies and hand soap as required.
- Provides general assistance to residents as required.
- Ensures all carpet areas are stain free.
- Completes audits as assigned.
- Must be able to work weekends and possible evenings.
- Performs additional cleaning as required, in accordance with established procedures and schedules. Washes walls, ceilings, lights, vents, fans, appliances, insides and tops of windows, door frames and all wall hangings.
- Picks up and disposes of garbage from waste containers daily.
- Ensures housekeeping room, closets, equipment and carts are kept in a clean, safe and sanitary condition.
- Assists with setting up residents’ continental breakfast as required.
- Participates in applicable staff meetings and in-service training within the home.
- Performs laundry duties as necessary.
- Maintains effective communication, both written and verbal with co-workers. Uses the appropriate lines of communication with supervisory staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the environmental services supervisor.
Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields