Cité Parkway Retirement Residence is currently seeking a RECREATION DIRECTOR
If you’re passionate about working with seniors and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
This is an important role within our communities as it impacts the daily lives of residents.
As a RECREATION DIRECTOR your typical day will include but not limited to:
- Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all activities within the programs, wellness and recreation departments.
- Managing, planning, and evaluating a wide range of services and activities to meet the needs of the resident in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and organization standards.
- Assessing of individual resident activity and leisure requirements, interests and abilities in order to identify needs, develops appropriate support to optimize resident involvement, and introduces new and/or modified activities, programs, services as applicable.
- Ensuring that all required programs and therapy committees are functioning within their terms of reference and areas of responsibility.
- Assisting in linking residents and family with resources and services both within the home and community.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university.
- At least 1 year experience in a health care setting.
- Bilingual (French and English)
It would be considered an asset to possess:
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
- 3 or more years of equivalent experience in management, program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in senior living with specialized knowledge of Gerontology
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields