- Distributes meal trays to residents in their rooms as required.
- Answers all resident calls promptly as requested by the Charge Nurse.
- Assists with all aspects of residents' daily living.
- Ensure that personal grooming is professional and uniform is clean, tidy and appropriate.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, residents' families and visitors and reports all issues to the Charge Nurse or the Resident Wellness Manager.
- Notifies the Charge Nurse or the Resident Wellness Manager of any staff and resident incidents and accidents and completes documentation as required.
- Perform a variety of housekeeping and laundry duties.
- Clean, mop and polish floors as well as dusting furniture.
- Ensure that the common area washrooms are cleaned and disinfected.
- Collect and dispose of garbage in common areas as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of recognized Personal Support Worker program.
- Completion of, or willingness to attain Medication Assistant Certification would be an asset.
- Experience working with seniors and knowledge of the aging process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families and visitors. Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents.
- Sound initiative, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong team player.
- Previous experience in cleaning responsibilities an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields