- Maintains competency including the ability to interpret current applicable standardized assessment tools such as the interRAI CHA.
- Completes client assessments in the home using conversation based methodology.
- Develops and conducts a comprehensive therapeutic rapport.
- Utilizes technology in the home to complete comprehensive assessments.
- Identifies and prioritizes environmental risk for client’s health and safety (shelter, food and running water, temperature control and overall condition of living environment).
- Develops a comprehensive care plan (interpreting the CAPs and care planning).
- Facilitates access to client identified services to support the care plan and goals.
- Makes referrals to community and health resources as required
- With client consent, consults with partners in care service plans to ensure shared understanding of client needs and appropriate interventions/services to meet those needs.
- Monitors client progress and adjusts care plans as required
- Reviews client care plan expenditures and supports clients to manage within the budgets
- Accesses and reviews assessment via the IAR (integrated assessment record).
- Collects and reports relevant data to Manager when necessary.
- Adheres to the prescribed privacy policies and standards for Community Support Service agencies including VON.
- Positively and professionally represents all CSS agencies and service providers.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Engages frequently with Administrative Support, Community Support and Home Care program Coordinators and Manager.
- Networks and collaborates with all regional partners, providers and agencies.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Heath or Social Services field.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in a home and community care organization or social services program including experience in case management
- Broad working knowledge of community resources, including service and programs within defined catchment area.
- Proven experience in building external and community relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in completing validated common assessment tools and maintaining competency.
- Knowledge and skills in comprehensive assessment and the ability to maintain proficiency.
- Computer proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft office programs.
- Working with volunteers and seniors an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in communication (verbal, written, listening), rapport building and relationship management.
- Strong computer proficiency.
- The ability to use analytical skills and understand/interpret client assessment data.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, while prioritizing, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, team building, communication and education.
- Time management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Available for weekend assessment coverage.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for business use and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields