- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the business office; establishes and monitors work flow and makes changes as necessary to improve quality of service.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, occupational health and safety, environment and infection control.
- Maintains internal records and prepares internal reports for the Home as required; maintains confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data; maintains accounting records
- Handles payments from families and all queries concerning billings from residents and /or families; prepares bank deposits
- Presents a positive image of the Home to the public; monitors comings and goings of residents from facility.
- Post secondary diploma/certificate in office or business administration (or comparable).
- Secretarial skills and experience with office procedures required
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment including personal computers, Microsoft office.
- Must have an understanding of banking practices i.e. deposits, trust, etc. and sufficient accounting knowledge to determine proper entries.
- Knowledge of payroll, scheduling, benefit administration, interpretation and application of collective agreement provisions, accounts receivable, and accounts payable practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and have exceptional time management skills.
- Previous experience in working with Extendicare’s accounting, scheduling, payroll, resident application systems and High Intensity Needs preferred.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand complex verbal and written instructions in English.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields