Candidates are invited to apply for the casual position to work at our Extendicare Brampton location, a 150-bed long-term care facility, located in Brampton, Ontario. 3 positions are available for varying shifts between 8:30am- 8:30pm.
The incumbent will report to the Resident Program Manager.
- Plan, implement and evaluate both individual and group activation program based on assessed needs and as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behaviour and condition of residents during programs and report any significant changes to the Supervisor and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy. Communicate participation by residents to registered staff.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, activation coordinator/gerontology from a community college or university or enrolled in same required. If enrolled, must complete program within 3 years of hire date.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/group program planning, implementation and evaluation for older adults of varying cognition.
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas, resident programs and volunteer initiatives.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields