- Develop and maintain the wellness philosophy of care services and functions. Set and maintain standards, goals and objectives for wellness department and resident care services, in accordance with all regulatory compliance agencies and standards.
- Monitor all documentation and charting.
- Develop and carry out human resources planning, orientation, coaching and training and development programs. Provide leadership, motivation and support to team.
- Coordinate wellness services with other Residence services and third party clinical and support services.
- Liaise with relevant members of health care team, residents, and family members in a professional manner, consistent with Residence policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Maintain approved operational budgets.
- Participate in quality assurance and risk management programs, Occupational Health and Safety committee, and Resident Service Care Team.
- Promote coordination of services with community agencies and other health care providers.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario. Post-nursing education in gerontology or other related program.
- A current clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Screen (within last 6 months).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in organizational management in residential care.
- Supervisory experience, including recruitment, coaching and development of staff.
- Knowledge of relevant government legislation and standards, including Retirement Homes Act and Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of Ontario Retirement Home Regulatory Authority
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications to effectively communicate electronically and administer budgeting and spreadsheet information.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields