Under the direction of the Resident Wellness Manager, the Personal Support Worker is responsible for providing personal care and assistance in activities of daily living for the residents, as well as other assigned duties. We are seeking PSW's who are interested in participating to become a Medication Assistant, Certified (MAC).
This position is part time with afternoon shift hours (4:00-10:00pm).
Date posted: October 21, 2019
Internal Candidates please apply by October 28, 2019.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.
- Provide personal care as needed and medication administration assistance to residents.
- Responsible for responding to emergency calls with basic first aid.
- In the absence of Wellness Manager or nurse in charge, the MAC will ensure the smooth operations of the shift and utilize the on-call management team as resource backup.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with residents, residents' families and visitors and report all issues to the Charge Nurse or the Resident Wellness Manager.
- Notify the Charge Nurse or the Resident Wellness Manager of any staff/resident incidents and accidents and complete documentation as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of recognized Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker program.
- Completion of, or willingness to attain Medication Assistant Certification would be an asset.
- Experience working with seniors and knowledge of the aging process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families and visitors. Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents.
- Sound initiative, judgment and decision-making skills, strong team player.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields