- Maintain resident records and required documentation in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents.
- Administer medications and observe changes in condition resulting from medications. Monitor the safekeeping of drugs and narcotics.
- Participate in orientation and in-service programs or standing committees as assigned by the Wellness Manager or General Manager.
- Supervise Personal Support Workers giving care and monitor any agency staff.
- Communicate with resident families, and keep family members updated on any changes in a resident's status.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Current certification with College of Nurses of Ontario and medication certificate
- Current CPR and First Aid training required
- Commitment to continual learning and professional development
- Strong assessment, clinical and documentation skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize resident care, using a total patient care approach, interacting with patients and families in an effort to promote wellbeing and independence
- Successful Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening, and two-step TB skin testing must be provided prior to beginning employment.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields