PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate maintenance programs for HVAC, electrical, mechanical equipment, and all other building and property related equipment, including scheduling of maintenance and repairs; coordinate all replacement and new installation activities.
- Perform minor emergency maintenance/repair duties i.e. electrical, mechanical, plumbing etc.; inspect quality of service delivery and ensure timely responses to resident requests.
- Assist the Executive Director in negotiating, executing and renewing maintenance service contracts.
- Ensures appropriate pool chemicals and cleanliness of the pool area.
- Enforce and adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism by following the Company dress code and/or wearing the Company uniform.
- Participate in all Health and Safety, Fire Safety and Emergency Management programs; acts as Fire Marshall for the facility.
- Assist with receiving, ordering and storing supplies for the property.
- Develop and monitor the cleaning and laundry schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Hire, train, orientate, schedule and evaluate department staff to ensure quality of work performed.
- Sets annual goals and objectives for the department, evaluates and reports results; prepares annual budget for approval by Executive Director.
- Maintains records and maintenance contracts, ensuring proper follow-up and budget controls are in place.
- Attends staff meetings and mandatory training as required.
- Act as weekend Manager on Duty on a rotational basis; be available for emergency management situations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKIIL REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of High School, and some post-secondary education in trades/building systems such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc. would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in building maintenance/HVAC systems, basic plumbing, electrical, minor painting and drywall repairs; pool maintenance training an asset.
- Sound leadership and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of the Environmental, Health and Safety regulations; Fire Safety Training for Vulnerable Citizens an asset.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office).
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Maintains valid Driver’s License
- Use of electrical equipment, sharp tools, and in potentially congested work locations
- Walking, stretching and standing for periods at least 3 hours per day
- Lift alone, up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing, pulling up to 50 pounds, unassisted
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis.
- Exposure to fluctuating temperatures
- Climbing ladders and stairs and able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants may send their resume with a cover letter.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields