Performs duties involving the implementation and planning of events and activities with direction from the Activity Director, which meet physical, mental and psychosocial needs and interests of the residents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The employee is required to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with minimal supervision. The following functions are considered essential to this position:
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of activities that meet resident’s specific needs, including large groups, small groups, and individual participation.
- Maintain documentation as required by RHRA regulations
- Assist with Resident activity assessments and evaluations.
- Tend the Bar during Happy Hour
- Lead group fitness classes
- Escort Residents on Outings when need be.
- Front Desk coverage.
- Will be expected to participate in Department in-service training.
- Great organizational, communication and social skills while displaying a Pleasant and mature personality.
- Must have previous experience planning and implementing activities for seniors.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Diploma in Recreation & Leisure Services or equivalent.
- Must be able to move furniture and lift 40lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and with limited supervision as well as being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have dementia training and/or experience working with individuals with dementia
- Evening/weekends shifts as required for special events.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields