Candidates are invited to apply for the permanent full-time position (75 Hours Biweekly) to work at West Park Health Centre, a 93-bed long-term care home, located in St. Catharines, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Develops and designs a broad range of training packages including orientation, handbooks and procedures that are both used for staff education for the Nursing department.
- Collaborate with the management team to assist new staff (Nursing) in becoming orientated to the home’s operations; determines the effectiveness of orientation materials and processes through direct observation and in collaboration with registered staff members on the unit and the managers of the home.
- Oversees and manages RAI-MDS/Restorative Program
- Ensures quality resident and client care through ongoing training and education of all existing Nursing department employees; develops instructional material to ensure that the staff education plan addresses, at a minimum, all requirements related to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ministry of Labour and monitors the quality of the education provided within the home related to these requirements.
- Expands the staff education plan beyond the core requirements based on comprehensive yearly learning needs assessments.
- Develops designs and administers surveys to ascertain and assess staff satisfaction with staff education offerings and uses feedback to guide improvements.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Serves as facilitator and advisor to educational and other external agencies, building strong relationships with universities, colleges, schools and other key partners to support the nursing department thru PSW, RPN student placements
- Participates in the homes Continuous Quality Improvement team and assist as needed in the completion of the quality protocols and program evaluations. Creates action plans and ensures follow-up actions are completed.
- Manages other assigned projects, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high quality of work, organizational performance and continuous learning.
- Lead staff development committee on a biannual basis.
- Collecting data for Quality Indicators and Control Committee.
- Participates in Health and Safety Audits committee, etc.
- Work in collaboration with the Registered Staff, RAI-Coordinator/Restorative Program and the quality committees to review, trend and analyze quality indicators.
- Schedules unit work assignments to ensure staff participate in in-service.
- Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Excellent Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3 years long term care work experience.
- Must be available for flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends in order to facilitate training
- Working knowledge and understanding of PointClickCare is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of the RAI-MDS and CIHI process an asset
- Experience in staff education in a healthcare or similar organization.
- Strong influential leadership style that creates learning encourages participation and commitment to organizational objectives and values the contributions of staff.
- Excellent ability to motivate, lead, train and manage staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal, conflict resolution, project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Well developed management level report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to analyse data, implement quality improvement, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Sound knowledge of government legislation related to long-term care and occupational health and safety.
- Knowledge of public policy, accreditation standards and processes that affect long-term care.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple assignments.
- Lean/Quality Improvement training at a minimum of Yellow belt level or equivalent
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields