The Personal Support Worker is accountable to the RPN and/or RN to provide excellent personal care to residents. Primary functions include providing care according to the established resident care plan including all components of activities of daily living and supporting participation in recreational and therapeutic activities. The Personal Support Worker is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values and employee guiding principles, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides for personal care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care and within the scope of practice of a PSW;
- Contributes to and follows a plan of care to meet residents’ assessed need;
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of personal care delivered;
- Demonstrates a professional working knowledge of all equipment used in the delivery of nursing care;
- Follows all corporate policies and procedures;
- Seeks direction from the RPN and/or RN when resident need exceeds experience or scope of practice
- Observes, reports, records resident conditions and follows care plans as directed by the RN and/or RPN;
- Assists in maintaining an environment appropriate to meet residents individualized needs.
- Must possess certification as a Personal Support Workers through a recognized College or educational
- institution. Consideration will be given to those with a valid Health Care Aide Certificate;
- Demonstrated experience in a long-term care setting is preferable;
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with Word, email, internet use and computerized documentation an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields