Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides for personal care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care and within the scope of practice of a PSW;
- Contributes to and follows a plan of care to meet residents’ assessed need;
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of personal care delivered;
- Demonstrates a professional working knowledge of all equipment used in the delivery of nursing care;
- Follows all corporate policies and procedures;
- Seeks direction from the RPN and/or RN when resident need exceeds experience or scope of practice
- Observes, reports, records resident conditions and follows care plans as directed by the RN and/or RPN;
- Assists in maintaining an environment appropriate to meet residents individualized needs.
- Must possess certification as a Personal Support Workers through a recognized College or educational
- institution. Consideration will be given to those with a valid Health Care Aide Certificate;
- Demonstrated experience in a long-term care setting is preferable;
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with Word, email, internet use and computerized documentation an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields