- Provides maintenance services to safely, reliably and efficiently meet the physical plant requirements of the Residence, consistent with applicable regulations, legislation and industry standards.
- Recruits, hires, orientates, supervises laundry aides, housekeeping aides and maintenance personnel.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develops and/or coordinates the emergency measures program for the Residence including fire safety procedures, emergency evacuation and disaster plans.
- Co-ordinate all required materials, supplies, equipment and contractors for environmental services
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and adheres to the budget.
- Participate in quality assurance and risk management programs.
- Deliver education and in-service training to all team members. Provide leadership, development and support to the environmental team.
- Adheres to policies and procedures including Joint Health and Safety, WHMIS/GHS, and Public Health air temperature and quality protocol and water temperature.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, is responsible for obtaining required outside contracted necessary services such as waste disposal, landscaping, snow clearing, annual fire inspection, elevator maintenance (if required), heating and cooling maintenance, grease trap cleaning, pest control, window cleaning, heating duct cleaning and maintenance service contract on all other equipment in the home.
- Manages the Contractor Health & Safety Program to ensure proper documentation relating to contractor visits
- Hands on repairs to be completed as necessary.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Three to five years related experience, in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with HVAC systems, preventative maintenance programs, delivery of safety training, budgeting, staff scheduling and supplies management.
- Knowledge of relevant government legislation and standards.
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with strong organization and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstration of leadership and coaching skills. Experience in recruitment, policy implementation, and health and safety standards.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in order to effectively communicate electronically. Willingness to learn multiple computer applications related to Finance, Operations, Recognition and Customer Relations.
- Must successfully complete a Police Records Check and disclose any convictions, charges, restraining orders, probation orders and/or warrants during the course of employment that affect in any way the clear Police Records Check.
- Must provide documentation to support a Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) or Medical Note from Physician stating free from infectious disease.
- Working knowledge of safe work practices including but not limited to WHIMIS/GHS, WSIB, subcontractors and contracted services.
- Must be able to promote safe work environments through education and training as well as by policy and practice design.
- Grade 12 with related post-secondary education preferably diploma in Building Environmental Systems (BES) Technician, BES Facility Manager or BOMA course is Systems Maintenance Technician + Systems Maintenance Administrator.
- Must have an empathy for and ability to get along with the elderly and people with disabilities.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields