- The ability to analyze and interpret information contained in business related documents, write reports and business correspondence and effectively relay/present information accordingly
- Ability to work in an environment focused on accountability for results and, ability to develop and execute innovative solutions in order to drive results within a high functioning, and extremely dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and leadership development
- Experience in risk management activities and demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and business metrics
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and manage a sizeable multidisciplinary team, in a unionized environment
- Accountable for financial fiscal responsibility through diligent management of budget within identified parameters.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc are adhered to within the home.
- Ensures appropriate and adequate staffing plans (and contingency plans) for the home across all departments through hiring, retention, training and assigning of department employees.
- Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, reviews monthly indicators, follows up on actions required from compliance inspections/ reviews from government agencies
- Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards
- Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care and services and ensure the clinical teams are providing exceptional care
- Monitors the quality of nursing and wellness services using quality indicators from a variety of sources, the tools provided for in the quality assurance program
- Act as a liaison and consult with Ministry Officials and professionals in relation to the operation of the Home.
- Ensures all residents receive care and services according to their needs and according to the Long-Term Care Act and all Ministry of Health legislative requirements
- Creates and executes strategic plan for the long-term care home focused on family and resident experience, occupancy, brand and reputation, risk mitigation, and financial performance. With a particular focus on relationships, and partnerships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years progressive related experience
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in health or social services
- 3 years in this job to reach competency
- Has completed or is enrolled in a program in Long Term Care, Administration or Management as per Long Term Care Health Act: Reg. 19/10-212 (4)
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields