- Provide personal care as needed and medication administration assistance to residents.
- Responsible for responding to emergency calls with basic first aid.
- In the absence of Wellness Manager or nurse in charge, the MAC will ensure the smooth operations of the shift and utilize the on-call management team as resource backup.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with residents, residents' families and visitors and report all issues to the Charge Nurse or the Resident Wellness Manager.
- Notify the Charge Nurse or the Resident Wellness Manager of any staff/resident incidents and accidents and complete documentation as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of recognized Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker program.
- Completion of, or willingness to attain Medication Assistant Certification would be an asset.
- Experience working with seniors and knowledge of the aging process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families and visitors. Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents.
- Sound initiative, judgment and decision-making skills, strong team player.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields