Required Skills & Experience
You will provide professional care, medication administration and recreation support to residents living with dementia in our MemoryPlus neighborhood according to their care plans, and assisting in identifying resident needs. You must have experience working in a dementia care setting such as Long Term Care or Retirement. Education in dementia care is required.
- Ensures provision of exceptional standards of personal care with all ADL’s (bathing, feeding, personal grooming, toileting, mouthcare, etc.) to Residents.
- Assumes responsibility for Resident care plans as per daily schedule.
- In conjunction with Recreation Manager/Assistant; provides meaningful recreation programs to residents living in the MemoryPlus.
- Maintains sound knowledge of Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation on all aspects of Resident care.
- Assists at all meal times and provides nourishment to Residents between meals.
- Responds to Resident emergencies throughout the MemoryPlus.
- Flexible availability to accommodate shift work, including evenings, nights and weekends.
- Adheres to safety rules and safe working practices.
- Informs MemoryPlus Manager when supplies are needed.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate from an accredited/recognized community college/school.
- Medication Management Certificate.
- Internationally educated Nurse.
- Current RN/RPN Student.
- I.E.C.E.S or Montessori Methods certificate is preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience in providing recreation/activity programs for seniors living with Dementia.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with seniors living with Alzheimer’s/Dementia.
- Empathy and compassion for older adults living with Alzheimer’s/Dementia.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available for weekend shifts.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields