As a Sous Chef your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Supporting Hospitality Style Dining Service through superior food production practices, plate presentation and garnishing by following the menus and resident prescribed diet information, setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation, following standardized recipes at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- Providing direction to food and beverage team members in basic food preparation procedures, prep work, plating of food and assisting in the orientation of new food and beverage team members.
- Alerting Food & Beverage Manager to problems that impact food quality and service and makes recommendations about corrective actions.
- In the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including team member replacement, makes menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers, and maintains records as directed.
- Assisting with monthly food inventory count.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 minimum education required.
- Red Seal designation required or graduate of a recognized college food preparation program willing to Red Seal certify.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in volume food preparation, catering and special event preparation in the Hospitality or Retirement Residence industry.
- A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- Ability to work to deadline and flexible to work shifts (weekends, evenings, etc.).
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields