The Resident Program Director directs the ongoing operation of Oasis and Moments Programs, Housekeeping and Activities programs, through the completion of the following duties:
- Ensure defined routines, good communications and smooth work flow of resident specialists, housekeepers and activities to deliver an enjoyable, healthy and engaged experience for our residents on a day to day basis.
- Proactively schedules and reschedules staffing of the Oasis and Moments Neighbourhoods based upon the occupancy and specific care needs of the current residents so as to ensure appropriate levels of staffing, while managing within the budgeted guidelines
- Proactively organize and schedule Housekeeping staff and organize work routines and duties to ensure housekeeping is delegated to appropriate individuals: RS, Housekeepers, MC, Kitchen staff (in conjunction with FSC)
- Develops and maintains the Designated Care Manager (DCM) assignments, balancing and reassigning staff as resident census and care needs change
- Trains and supervises care staff assigned to the Oasis and Moments Neighbourhoods in providing day to day resident care in compliance with approved SSL programs, policies and procedures
- Delivers Oasis and Moments Program training and orientation programs to new Community employees and ensures all Oasis and Moments Program Neighbourhoods staff are trained and provide care and life enrichment according to the prescribed Program elements and signatures
- Models validation and “making connections” techniques while assisting/caring for Oasis and Moments Program residents
- Interviews, makes hiring decisions and orients new staff in collaboration with the Wellness Coordinator and other members of the Leadership Team
- Establishes clear performance goals, communicates them to all Team Members and ensures Team Members are meeting goals or are coached to improve individual and/or collective performance
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking attendance, as well as performance, against established quality standards and for effectively carrying out disciplinary action, as appropriate
- Develops and encourages teamwork and promotes positive staff morale
- Provides guidance and acts as a resource to Team Members and Volunteers
- Directs to work of the Activities coordinator, including volunteer initiatives.
- Organizes and schedules activities with the Activities Coordinator, ensuring resident specialists are engaged in delivering programs as part of the schedule.
- Coordinates the monthly and daily activities calendars with the Activity Coordinator.
- Ensures family interviews regarding resident life stories to ensure completion of the Resident Profile and the creation of an Oasis and Moments Program Memory Box for all new residents to the Neighbourhood (may be done in conjunction with the Activities)
- Ensures that all employees are providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Participates in the marketing and sales efforts of the Oasis and Moments Program and the Community
- Establishes, promotes and facilitates regularly scheduled family educational/support groups – Monthly.
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Must have a genuine compassion for and desire to improve the quality of life of seniors
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, and the public.
- 3-5 years of supervisory/management experience in a customer service based operating environment.
- 2-3 years’ experience providing direct care to seniors preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to a minimum grade 12 level.
- College or University diploma preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias and a desire to serve residents and families of the Oasis and Moments Neighbourhood
- Ability to work within an environment that supports the goals and embraces the practices set forth in the Oasis and Moments Program
- Computer literacy with Outlook, Word, Excel as well as an aptitude and willingness to learn other job specific software programs, as required
- Ability to work full-time, including some weekend and overtime work
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields