Under the direction of the general manager, plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of housekeeping, maintenance and laundry departments to ensure high standards of cleanliness and sanitation and provide quality linen and personal laundry service in compliance with legislative requirements.
Oversees housekeeping, maintenance and laundry departments to achieve high standards of cleanliness and sanitation and provide quality linen service in the home in accordance with legislative requirements and within budgetary constraints. Oversees preventative maintenance of all equipment with direction from consultant, environmental services.
Minimum grade 12 education. Must be proficient with Word and Excel. Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Ability to read and interpret manuals related to equipment and systems. Available to work on call and rotate weekends. Able to perform physical duties inside and outside when necessary. Must be able to move heavy objects at least 50 pounds.
- Participates in, and contributes to, the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) program.
- Establishes and monitors workflow, evaluates performance and production, and makes changes as necessary to improve quality of service.
- Co-ordinates activities with those of other departments.
- Informs administration of activities, needs and problems.
- Participates in the hiring process, trains/orientates and provides work direction, job routines, instruction and guidance to staff.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of staff as per Diversicare policies.
- Plans and encourages staff participation at in-service education programs.
- Follows all department plans, policies and procedures and ensures compliance by employees.
- Establishes work schedules and assigns hours of work as per budget to ensure adequate laundry, housekeeping and maintenance service. Updates these are required.
- Establishes housekeeping routines and workflow patterns in cooperation with resident care personnel so as not to interfere with resident care activities.
- Tours home regularly to observe staff and ensure quality of work.
- Liaises with outside service contractors and inspectors to ensure equipment and environment conform to applicable codes and regulations.
- Conducts meetings with the staff at least monthly and as necessary.
- Cooperates with other departments in such tasks as transferring residents, moving and storing supplies, and moving furniture and equipment.
- Participates in setting the operating and capital budget preparation and adheres to some.
- Performs outside work such as sanding, shovelling or salting as required.
- Participates in committee meetings such as infection control, quality improvement and safety, as required.
- Establishes and maintains communications with other departments and works cooperatively in carrying out duties to ensure the needs of residents are being met.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics, etc. in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Takes calls for emergency repairs.
- Performs minor repairs, maintenance, garbage pick-up and cleaning in the residence.
- Performs regular monthly maintenance checks of all equipment and supplies within the residence.
- Performs routine maintenance, repair and cleaning work.
- Paints and patches walls as required.
- Maintains all supplies and equipment in a safe, clean and tidy environment.
- Maintains the exterior grounds.
- Washes outside windows and screens of building.
- Changes light bulbs, hangs pictures, performs minor plumbing and electrical work.
- Cleans and inspects garbage rooms.
- Participates in the weekend duty manager rotation of the residence, as applicable.
- Attends and participates in regional environmental services meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields