As a Housekeeping Aide your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Ensuring the daily neatness and cleanliness of residents’ rooms, offices and common areas including, but not limited to, rooms and equipment including: furniture, closets, windows, walls, floors, shower and tub rooms, washrooms, reception area, break rooms, etc.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and performing duties, including but not limited to: routine, deep, terminal and discharge cleaning, floor cleaning and maintenance, and waste management according to schedules.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment for residents utilizing infection control principles.
- Checking that supplies are adequate in housekeeping and equipment is in proper working order before commencing daily routine.
- Carrying out duties in a positive and professional manner within a multidisciplinary team.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school graduate or approved equivalent.
- Knowledge related to infection control, cleaning practices, housekeeping operations and equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Bonus points for having:
- Previous experience in Institutional Cleaning/Laundry in a Long Term Care is desirable.a
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields