Under the direction of the dining services manager, is responsible for the supervision of the delivery and serving of meals to residents and guests, the cleanliness of servery, dining area, and bar area, and the assignment of duties related to dining room operation.
Minimum of grade 12 education with good oral and written skills in English. A thorough knowledge of food and beverage services is required, with two years’ previous experience in a similar position in a hotel/restaurant or hospitality setting. Completion of the Smart Serve program (LCBO) and Safe Food Handling Certificate, is required. Must possess excellent human relations skills to handle diverse interactions with residents, families and guests.
- Participates in, and contributes to, the residence’s Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Assists the dining services manager in the recruitment, selection and orientation and training of server staff.
- Completes probationary reviews with input from the dining services manager.
- Assists with coordinating catering functions.
- Coordinates reservations for dining room and private dining room.
- Acts as cocktail server as required.
- Provides direction for scheduled work duties of servers, ensuring that dining service meets or surpasses, accepted standards. Completes daily work assignment sheet.
- Meets and greets residents upon arrival to dining room and seats them appropriately.
- Co-ordinates ordering and keeping track of inventory of liquor, wine, beer, and other requirements for bar service.
- Provides input and assistance to the dining services manager regarding discipline of staff according to approved procedure.
- Liaises with new residents for dining room seating and arranges table transfers as required and meal seating times.
- Ensures that meal service is carried out in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinates set-up, service, and cleaning of catering functions.
- Ensures that the appropriate action is taken to resolve conflicts in the dining room either between residents or between resident and staff.
- Monitors the cleanliness of dining room furnishings, china, glassware, cutlery and table linens and take corrective action when required.
- Ensures that staff are properly attired in uniforms and are properly groomed for work.
- Implements and monitors proper standards for table set-up, food service and table clearing which conform to all sanitary and safety regulations and dining services standards.
- Provides assistance to servers as required.
- Ensures that dining room, serving stations, and bar area are cleaned, vacuumed and sanitized after each meal period.
- Records and tracks guest meals, charges and cash payment balance charges for deposit.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Complies with all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required annual mandatory training/education.
- Provides coverage for dining services manager in his/her absence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or delegated by the dining services manager or members of the departmental management team.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields