The primary purpose of this position is to safely transport residents to and from appointments and activities beyond the premises of the community. This position includes a sign on bonus.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide safe transportation to and from activities/appointments for residents as scheduled.
- Pickup and deliver items as directed to meet the needs of the community.
- Assist each resident on and off the vehicle using proper safety measures and devices.
- Responsible for daily inspection and maintenance of the community vehicle (gas, oil, coolant, air pressure, lights, etc.) and cleanliness of the interior and exterior.
- Identify transportation issues/concerns to the Life Enrichment Director or Executive Director.
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc. using proper safety measures.
- Assist activities in other departments when not scheduled to drive.
- Attend and participate in service training programs to meet state and federal requirements.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A driving record for previous five years that meets facility vehicle use policy.
Must possess current drivers license with appropriate endorsement (CDL).
Education: High School
Willingness to travel: 0 - 25%
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields