The primary purpose of this position is to perform the daily activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Executive Director, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily janitorial functions as assigned.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment, carts, and wheelchairs daily.
- Clean floors to include sweeping, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc.
- Clean walls by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, etc. from surfaces in soiled linen room using proper cleaning/disinfecting solution.
- Ensure that work assignment areas are clean and that equipment, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times
- Discard infectious wastes into appropriate containers.
- Sort soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc. and separate those items that require special stain removal/treatment.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies to perform daily tasks is maintained in utility/janitorial closets.
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., to your supervisor as soon as practical.
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as directed or requested.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education: High School
Willingness to travel: 0 - 25%
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields