The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance in all dining service functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
Dining Service Functions
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures. Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with our established policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent and attentive customer service for an exceptional dining experience.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed. Assist in checking diet trays before distribution. Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Pour coffee, tea and juices while assisting residents with opening containers.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
- Bus tables during and after the meal.
- Clean work area according to cleaning schedules and assignments.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner. Stock food and supplies for next meal.
- Provide support services to other dining rooms and special programs as needed.
- Assist chef with preparing and/or dishing up food, garnishing plates, preparing and delivering room service trays, etc.
- Assist with the set up and refill of catering and/or buffet functions.
- Attend and participate in service training programs to meet state and federal requirements.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education: High School
Willingness to travel: 0 - 25%
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields