We are seeking skilled Cooks to join our Culinary team to provide a high quality dining experience for our residents. You will prepare meal items following standardized recipes and prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities; follow legislative requirements (e.g. Public Health, R.H.A), Company policies and procedures for sanitation, safety, and quality; assists with daily cleaning duties and monthly food inventory count.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, suppliers, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrate solid organizational skills.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Completion of a two year community college culinary course or equivalent.
- Experience in large quantity food preparation.
- Computer proficiency skills.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and Public Health regulations.
Physical Job Requirements
- Frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Push/pull wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day.
Hours of Work: 20-30 hours per week, including early morning, weekend and holiday shifts.
We offer a good benefit package, paid uniforms, a vibrant, safe, clean and beautiful workplace and much more! If you want to be part of our VIBE, apply today!
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process and for other candidate selection methods.
Note: the successful candidate must provide a current, satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector screen and a current TB test.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields