Under the direct supervision of the Lifestyle Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the planning and delivery of lifestyle and recreational programs/activities for residents in accordance with company policies/procedures and legislative requirements. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the planning of the recreational activities relating to emotional, physical, intellectual, spiritual and social needs; facilitate activities and exercise programs
- Assist in the creation of the monthly calendar, newsletter, posters and notices regarding activities and programs as required
- Covering the Concierge for breaks
- Supervise outings and assist with loading/unloading the bus
- Assist with all special events , i.e.: preparation and during the event
- Maintain the organization of the areas in which activities are held e.: Craft Kitchen, Fitness Centre, Activity Room
- Assist with supervising and delegating tasks to volunteers
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrate sound organization and English communication skills, both oral and written
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
- Post-Secondary education in recreation/leisure program at a College level of certification.
- Some previous related experience preferred
- Fitness Certification (e.g. Can-Fit Pro) preferred
- Solid knowledge of computers
- Maintains a current certificate in CPR/First Aid.
- Valid driver’s license (F) and Smart Serve are considered assets
Hours: 20-30 hours per week with some weekend work required.
We offer a comprehensive wage and benefit package, an employee recognition program and a comfortable, safe and engaging work environment.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process.
The successful candidate must provide proof of a satisfactory current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screen and an up to date TB test.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields