Reporting to the General Manager, at Parkland Fredericton, as part of the Facility Management Team, the Food & Beverage Manager oversees all dining rooms and banquet functions. The successful candidate will be customer focused, energetic and detail oriented. The Food and Beverage Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of the department. The successful candidate will be able to organize the department to ensure costs are controlled, guest’s expectations are satisfied and that the team is working together optimally.
- Supervising and leading the Culinary Services Team in front of the house service towards achievement of the department standards;
- Responding to client food service needs and expectations;
- Directing Culinary Services human resources for front of the house employees;
- Effectively managing all available resources towards satisfaction and financial goals;
- Maintaining safety and sanitation in the dining areas to meet legislative / organizational standards;
- Communicating regularly with clients to ensure satisfaction with food service;
- Oversees the process of orientation for each new client to the Culinary department in conjunction with the Executive Chef;
- Ensures the guest is greeted in a timely manner as per department standard;
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction and necessary follow-ups to include constant monitoring of client satisfaction surveys, comment cards, emails, letters, and phone calls;
- Addresses client complaints and concerns and advises supervisor regarding corrective actions taken;
- Assists in the direction of Culinary team for special functions e.g. catering, theme dinners to ensure service meets established standards.
- Completes dining room rounds regularly to speak with clients regarding their satisfaction;
- Serves meals to clients following established customer service standards;
- Monitors performance and assists with coaching and performance management and reviews for employees under supervision;
- Ensures the dining room, lounge and private dining areas are clean and tidy in accordance with provincial regulations and as outlined in department checklists and routines;
- Assists in managing the process for table reservations and Private Dining Room bookings;
- Shares knowledge with others. Acts as a role model and mentor to orientate new staff;
- Ensures that all Culinary Team members adhere to department dress code.
- Grade 12 / GED completion;
- 2 years of Hotel, Restaurant and or Banquet Hall Food and Beverage experience is required in a management level position.
- Advanced Food Handlers Course;
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours/shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple work assignments while displaying a high level of professionalism and commitment to quality service;
- Experience in preparation of work schedules;
- Ability to communicate effectively & read and write the English language. Bilingualism an asset;
- Personal computer skills in the use of related software applications.
- Experience with POS systems an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields