- Collaborating with each client to assess their engagement of meaningful activities in the six dimensions of wellness - Physical, Social, Intellectual, Vocational, Emotional, and Spiritual;
- Assisting each client in achieving their goals to enhance their overall wellness and assist with defining strategies for achieving those goals;
- Developing, analyzing and reviewing client-directed individualized and community-wide programs
- Fostering partnerships with local businesses and community groups to facilitate program development;
- Managing the Harmony Program technology to enhance communication with clients and staff;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the client-directed Philosophy of Service;
- Evaluating the Harmony Program to ensure that the program is meeting the clients’ needs and expectations along with upholding the established expectations of the program;
- Collaborating with the Harmony & Wellness team to develop a plan for full-scope wellness programming in the Hospitality & Wellness, Assisted Living and Memory Care service lines;
- Oversees the process of orientation for each new client to the wellness department and services;
- Completion of the Harmony Wellness Assessment Guide with all clients to assist them in defining their strengths and areas they would like to enhance to improve their overall wellness;
- Provides ongoing encouragement to clients in areas such as participation, volunteering, making independent decisions, and voicing personal preferences and choices;
- Collaborates with the Wellness Team to plans external client outings and organize transportation;
- Oversees Wellness services for special functions ensuring organization, cost efficiency & appropriate staffing;
- Develops and manages the volunteer program including: recruiting and screening, placement, orientation and education, and recognition and evaluation. Plans, supervises and evaluates student placements;
- Communicates effectively with all facility teams. Promotes teamwork, empowerment and cooperation;
- Degree/Diploma in Recreation or other related discipline;
- Experience in programming and planning for seniors in a recreational environment;
- Food Safety Handler’s Course (training is available);
- Emergency First Aid and CPR;
- Advanced proficiency level in the English language;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use electronic information systems, including but not limited to electronic health records;
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts when required.
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias Care Course;
- Knowledge of the six dimensions of wellness;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors living environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields