- Drives vehicle from community to social and other various destinations according to assigned schedule.
- Assists residents into and out of vehicle in a safe manner.
- Secures passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip.
- Practices safe driving techniques at all times.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories and reports & coordinates vehicle maintenance repairs.
- Establishes and monitors daily and weekly trip inspection & preventative maintenance programs and maintains records regarding the maintenance of all vehicles.
- Delivers groceries and other belongings to resident’s apartments.
- Assists the Activity Department in activities and programs as needed.
- Ensures charges are submitted to the business office daily for community travel expenses.
- Maintain a safe driving record according to company guidelines.
- Handles emergency situations and basic First Aid.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years proven safe and accident-free driving record and knowledge of vehicle preventative maintenance programs are required.
- Commercial driver's license required to operate commercial size vehicles.
- Able to operate 7 to 16 passenger bus, limousine or car, tire changing equipment, First Aid Kit, wheelchair lift, and dollies/hand trucks.
- Experienced with vehicle emergency repairs, able to change automobile tires and handle minor on-road maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of all streets within an 8-mile radius of the community.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields