- Free on-site parking
- Flexible scheduling of days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Attractive salary and benefit package, available upon hire date
- Eligibility to participate in RRSP program (we match up to 5% base salary)
- Wages: $15.16 - 15.30
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assists clients with hygiene and daily living activities, such as: bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, meals, and mobilizing according to the work assignment;
- Assists clients and Culinary workers during meal time;
- Assists in the provision of social, spiritual, and intellectual activities for clients;
- Administers client medications as assigned under the direction of the Client Services Coordinator/Manager and in accordance with Physician orders following all medication management policies and guidelines;
- Completing all duties in a way which is consistent with Shannex’s Philosophy of Service: Your life. Your choice. Your Home.
- Home/Personal Support Worker Program, Special Care Home Worker Program, Health Care Aid or Human Services Program, Nursing Assistant Program, or equivalent;
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification;
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays;
- Clear Criminal Record Check;
- Clear Social Development Check.
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Parkland Medication Administration Certificate Program or equivalent;
- Basic food safety training or similar food safety education;
- Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementia Care Course;
- Back in Form Lift and Transfer Program.
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors living environment;
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields