Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing clients needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client’s right to individualized planning of health services;
- Developing and implementing of client directed Care Plans;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation;
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of client care plans;
- Administering and recording prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice;
- Maintaining the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting;
- Applying dressings and treatments according to physician’s orders and policy;
- Assisting with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
- Graduate of approved School of nursing, bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred;
- Current registration with the provincial association of Registered Nurses;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred;
- Palliative / Hospice Care experience preferred;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment required.
The following would be considered assets:
- Strong leadership and assessment skills plus the ability to multitask in this fast-past, yet rewarding environment;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields