- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation. Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal, following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture. Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- In the absence of the Dietary Supervisor, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that changes are recorded following department procedures.
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Supervisor of problems. Recommends corrective action.
- Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times.
- Assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Dietary Supervisor which may include staff replacements and making Maintenance or Charge Nurse aware of malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks; cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
Qualifications would include but not limited to the following:
- Experience in an Institutional or Long-Term Care setting with large quantity cooking preferred.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and write English, and understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions in English.
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields