- Assists in providing restorative care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Consults with and informs team leader of activities, needs and problems related to resident care. Utilizes observation skills to note changes in resident’s condition and informs team leader.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to prepare for and assisting them to and from activities.
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required. Reports any changes in appetite to RN/LPN.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Health Care Aide certification.
- Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Regular lifting and moving residents, equipment and supplies. Repeated lifting, squatting, reaching and bending.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields