- Plan, organize, and provide high quality dietary services for residents of the facility.
- Apply continuous quality improvement principles to workflow, performance, production and changes to service and dietary requirements to meet legislative requirements.
- Select, supervise and motivate dietary staff; ensure dietary staff work as a team in order to provide a high level of productivity and the best use of staff capabilities.
- Ensure environment of all food preparation and storage areas meets Public Health requirements.
- Maintain all records in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements, including the implementation and posting of all regular and therapeutic menus.
- Liaise and consult with residents, families and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Participate in the budgeting process; is accountable for the departmental budget and food costs.
- Perform and submit monthly food inventory and food cost statements.
- Journeyman Cooks Certificate or successful completion of a recognized Food Services and Nutrition Management Program.
- Minimum 2 years dietary cooking and or management experience in a long-term care setting.
- The ability to create home baked desserts.
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of employees.
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skillset.
- Experience managing employees within a unionized setting.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Customer-focused with high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with Residents and Family members.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields