- Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents, in collaboration with the Recreation Manager & Executive Director;
- Assists with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation, charting;
- Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families, volunteers and staff of other departments, keeping them informed of current and upcoming events;
- Attends in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in the total care of the elderly;
- Participates in team meetings to plan programs with residents' interest in mind;.
- Facilitating residents to scheduled and pre-arranged outings;
- Assisting with assessment of individual resident activity levels;
- Preparing, carrying out and evaluating daily activities;
- Assisting with meal services as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Gerontology or equivalent is required;
- Previous experience working with seniors, particularly in a Long Term Care or Rehabilitative focused setting is an asset;
- Must have certificate in and/or formal working knowledge of and experience in DementiAbility Methods for Dementia;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management, leadership, and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset;
- An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly;
- Valid provincial driver's license to transport residents by van (i.e.: Class 4; Class F).
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
* Must be available to work a variety of shifts.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields