- Plan, implement and evaluate both individual and group activation program based on assessed needs and as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behaviour and condition of residents during programs and report any significant changes to the Supervisor and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, gerontology, social services, or other related field from a community college or university is required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/group program planning, implementation and evaluation for both well and the cognitively impaired.
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas and facilitate resident programs and volunteer initiatives.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s and Dementia an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields