A day in the life of a Registered Practical Nurse:
As the Registered Practical Nurse you are responsible for providing direct nursing care to residents, including providing direction and guidance to residents in the provision of activities of daily living and programs developed to enhance the psychological, social, spiritual and recreational needs of residents.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Completion of an approved Practical Nursing program with approved scope of practice. Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services required.
- Maintains a consistent well-groomed appearance/hygiene at all times.
What we are looking for:
- Good oral and verbal communication skills – English is essential; French would be an asset.
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect and privacy, and the right to share in decisions about his/her care.
- Is capable of working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.
- Positive public relation skills, including the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with residents and families.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected workload and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
Posiion Vacant Until Filled
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields