As part of the Hospitality Team at Parkstone and Maplestone Enhanced Care in Halifax, Nova Scotia and reporting to the Regional Administrator, the Hospitality Manager will manage and coordinate all culinary services to our residents in both facilities. The Hospitality Manager will also oversee the provision of housekeeping and laundry services in both facilities while overseeing the effective and efficient use of resources to provide quality service. The successful candidate shall provide these services ensuring compliance with corporate procedure and applicable local, provincial and federal regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Directs and oversees all aspects of food service delivery to residents of both facilities;
- Ensures that food quality standards are met and maintained;
- Effectively manages the operating budgets for dietary services, including food and labour costs
- Supervises, directs and evaluates the work of dietary team members to promote quality service, positive employee relations, employment obligations and effective and efficient operations. This includes performance evaluation, training, disciplinary procedures, work assignments, and administration of personnel policies and procedures
- Oversees the operation of the Housekeeping and Laundry departments, fostering an environment of service excellence;
- Monitors, tracks and reports on outcomes from satisfaction surveys in areas of responsibility, and is responsible for developing and following up on corrective action plans
- Ensures that all legislative and regulatory requirements for Dietary, Housekeeping and Laundry Departments are met. Prepares the departments and the facility for inspections by the Departments of Agriculture and Health and Wellness.
- Takes every precaution that is reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the health and safety of employees and all others in the workplace, including but not limited to, providing supervision, training, information, and equipment needed for employees to do their job safely.
We require a minimum of three years’ previous management experience in food service or hospitality, and a proven record of successfully managing people and financial resources. A certificate or undergraduate degree in Human Nutrition, Hospitality, Business or related discipline, and completion of Serve Safe or Food Handlers Course at an advanced level is preferred. A degree or certificate in Hospitality Management or equivalent is an asset.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff is committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields