- Plan, implement and evaluate both individual and group activation program based on assessed needs and as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behaviour and condition of residents during programs and report any significant changes to the Supervisor and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Participate in development and revision of programs under the guidance of the Supervisor.
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy. Communicate participation by residents to registered staff.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Proof of successful completion of an approved Activation/Gerontology Diploma or Degree program required.·
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/group program planning, implementation and evaluation for both well and the cognitively impaired.
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas, resident programs and volunteer initiatives.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in care planning and resident assessments.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields