Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing all aspects of dining service and resident functions such as teas and room service, including table/tray presentation, preparation and serving of beverages and accompaniments, serving of food and clearing of dining room, resident lounges, and trays.
- General cleaning routines, including setting and cleaning tables and serving counters, dusting tables and chairs and vacuuming dining room floor.
- Assisting in the kitchen/dish washing area as required.
- Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to pleasant dining by creating an environment which maintains the respect, dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact with team members, residents, visitors and external service providers.
- Adhere to Company and legislative policies and procedures, including health department sanitation requirements.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal/written English communication skills.
- Previous restaurant/customer service experience required.
- Food Handler and Smart Serve certification an asset.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety regulations.
Physical Job Requirements
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised on a regular basis.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift and move small equipment.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields