In accordance with applicable corporate policies and legislative requirements, the Resident Care Partner PSW assists residents with all activities of daily living (ADL), including personal hygiene and basic care. The Resident Care Partner PSW observes and reports any changes in residents’ status to the RPN/Wellness Nurse and/or Director of Wellness
- Reviews residents’ support plans and provides support indicated with all required activities of daily living, including but not limited to, bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, and mobility, continence management, collecting and washing laundry, sorting and storing clean laundry.
- Monitors and documents residents’ vitals, weights, behavior, mobility, safety, involvement in activities as indicated by support plan and any other changes and reports to appropriate team members.
- Escorts residents to social activity programs, appointments, dining room, etc.
- Promptly answers nursing call systems.
- Assists with move in, move-out and transfer of residents
- High School Diploma and completion of the Personal Support Worker program from a recognized program.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Six (6) months experience in geriatric environment.
- Courses in gerontology, aging or dementia are an asset.
- Completion of an accredited Personal Support Worker program and six hundred (600) hours of related experience, including both class time and practical experience, preferably with clinical experience in a geriatric setting an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields