Villa Charities Inc. is a registered charity and non-profit organization that cultivates, promotes and celebrates the Italian-Canadian culture. Villa Charities’ Lawrence-Dufferin campus in Toronto is a major hub of the GTA’s Italian community, with the Columbus Centre at its heart. Thousands of people of all ages visit and use the Centre daily for dance, visual arts, music and culinary programs; view art exhibits at the art gallery; participate in a wide range of athletic, aquatics and wellness programs at our Athletic Club; and enjoy fine Italian cuisine at Ristorante Boccaccio. The campus is also home to the Columbus Event Centre, which hosts and caters numerous weddings, family events, meetings and corporate gatherings. Service to Italian-Canadian seniors remains a core part of the organization’s mission. In addition to our two long-term care facilities, Villa Colombo Toronto and Villa Colombo Vaughan, Villa Charities offers subsidized housing for independent seniors at our three apartment buildings, including Caboto Terrace, Casa Del Zotto and Casa Abruzzo.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Social Media Specialist for applying highly developed social media planning and execution skills to support Villa Charities Inc. social media strategy and initiatives. The successful incumbent will work across teams and departments in all organization in the Villa Charities Inc.,family to support all branded social media presence on multiple channels.
What you’re responsible for:
- Plan, execute and monitor effectiveness of social media projects as assigned - including strategy development, project management, development of content, research, execution, testing and approval of content.
- Make and implement recommendations based on results from previous initiatives, research from our analytics and listening tools, and the input of business partners.
- Maintain programs using engagement platforms and distribute content on various channels in accordance with best practices and manage day-to-day social media programs.
- Monitor all social channel conversations and respond to comments and messages.
- Use social media tools associated with the various channels to assess and analyze our social media activities and results.
- Scan for issues, trends and opportunities and bring them forward for possible inclusion in future plans.
- Prepare monthly social media reports as well as other customized reports and recommendations as required.
What to expect:
- Extended work hours, including evenings and weekends, may be required.
To be successful:
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting working relationships with colleagues to support departmental objectives and improve operational efficiencies.
To join our team:
- Completion of post-secondary degree/diploma in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Strong understanding of social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and experience in on-line community management and customer service.
- Direct experience with social media and content management tools such as Hootsuite and reporting analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Certification in Google AdWords considered an asset.
- Experience in graphic design with knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud considered an asset.
- Demonstrate expertise and knowledge in technical SEO skills and analysing and interpreting keywords and analytical data.
- Self-starter, efficient, organized and able to produce high-quality work under pressure and in a timely fashion.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attentive to details.
- Excellent communication skills with exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
- Flexible in attitude and approach to projects and competing assignments.
- Experience working in the charitable/not-for-profit sector, considered an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Group Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Membership to the Columbus Centre Athletic Club.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields