Position Summary: The Dietary Aide provides assistance in all food functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established food policies and procedures services to our residents. This position reports to the Director, Dining Services.
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Clean work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc
- Sweep and mop floors as directed
- Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas
- Wash and clean utensils as directed
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed
- Assist cook in preparing meals
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary
- Obtain food supplies for next meal
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas
- Serve food in dining room as instructed
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc., and take to dishwashing area
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed
- Performs all duties in adherence to Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Potential Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens:
This position may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue, requiring the use of personal protective equipment. Gloves should be worn for any contact with blood or body fluids/tissues. Gowns, masks, or eye covering may be needed if it is likely that soiling or splattering of blood may occur.
To reduce the risk of exposure to blood, body fluid, or tissue adherence to Standard Precaution is necessary. In the event of accidental exposure to potentially infectious blood or body fluids/tissues, appropriate medical evaluation and follow-up is available as outlined in the community exposure control plan located in every department.
It is the policy of this community to adopt work practices that will minimize health risks resulting from occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infected materials.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields