- Assists in budget planning.
- Assists in staff training and supervision.
- Designs and delivers educational programs using the principles of adult education; guide selection and development of nursing quality indicators for corporate programs and unit projects.
- Develops tools for risk management/CQI projects; assists in the implementation and evaluation of the Nursing Department risk management and CQI program.
- Monitors the quality of nursing care and makes appropriate suggestions.
- Acts as infection control nurse in outbreak situation, monitors and reviews daily infection control report and determines nursing interventions required.
- Overlooks the Interim Bed program
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
- Registered Nurse with a current certificate of Competency.
- Minimum of five years recent experience in long-term care.
- BSCN preferred or Management experience in long-term care.
- Leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Commitment of quality care and services.
- Ability to work effectively, both individually and with others, while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally, whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to work effectively within a variety of stressful situations and challenges, and with various individuals or groups.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’, and generate creative solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and focus action on what is best for the organization through an understanding of the key business issues.
- Proven integrity through open and honest interactions with colleagues and encourages active participation and commitment from others in the pursuit of common goals, understand roles, set expectations, share information, and build consensus.
- Proven experience in taking personal responsibility for seeking information from various sources enables others’ learning through sharing experiences, coaching and mentoring.
- Superb organization, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields