MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and facilitates programs to meet the needs of the residents within the Assisted and Independent Living neighbourhoods ensuring that legislative guidelines and expectations related to retirement and memory care are followed.
- Organizes, facilitates and tracks in-service and continuing education programs for Team Members.
- Manages the Resident Care Partners in the neighbourhoods to ensure resident care, monitoring and appropriate interaction.
- Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents and their families.
- Actively participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary management team responsible for resident care and services by:
- interacting with Wellness team to update resident assessment and service plans;
- communicating formally and informally with other department heads as part of the management team; and
- promoting collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure all resources are available and accessible to residents.
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and timely completion of resident records, reports and assessments.
- Retains and enhances Amica’s culture and values in every interaction.
- Diploma from a recognized college related to social services, healthcare or gerontology
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Three (3) years’ experience working with dementia, including Alzheimer’s and other aging illnesses in a healthcare setting
- Two (2) years organizational management experience
- Seniors’ care, aging, dementia and diversity
- Healthcare issues and memory care services
- Leadership best practices and principles
- Legislative regulations and policies related to retirement care
- Changes in mobility of seniors and mechanical lifting devices
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team of professional employees
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic care system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage, as required
- Demonstrates a strong desire to serve seniors and their families
- Open, friendly and responsive
- Able to apply tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Trustworthy, hands-on lead
- Shows initiative and commitment to excellence
- Client service oriented
- Experience with YARDI (electronic care system) preferred
- Nursing and/or memory care background is an asset
- Degree from a recognized university
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields