- Graduate from a recognized Food Service Management Program
- Member in good standing in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Long-Term Care Home or with seniors preferred
- Enthusiastic leader
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and to follow oral and written directions
- Understanding and empathy for the needs of seniors
Areas of Responsibility:
- Member of the Home’s leadership team.
- Ensure the preparation of meals according to the posted menu ensuring that all standards are met.
- Oversee and assist with the quality dining experience for residents.
- Coordinate the Resident Food Committee.
- Work cooperatively with the registered dietitian to ensure that the clinical dietetic needs of residents are met.
- Ensure that all dietary functions are performed in a clean, sanitary manner.
- Direct the control of food costs, waste, and ordering.
- Oversee the hiring, orientation, supervision and training of dietary staff.
- Inspect for food supplies and determine what quantities of food should be reordered, communicating to the Food Services Supervisor.
- Ensure all MOHLTC and Public Health requirements are met.
- Maintain excellent documentation systems.
- Contribute to a home environment for residents that ensures the values of Primacare Living Solutions are maintained and upheld.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields