Reporting to the Executive Director, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, directing and supervising health care programs and services for residents, ensuring compliance with all Federal and Provincial regulations and following the standards as set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Oversee the drug administration programs for residents including control and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics.
- Establish and monitor a care plan for each resident to ensure the level and quality of agreed upon care.
- Determines Nursing and Personal Care Attendant staffing requirements and is directly responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation, education, performance management and administration of schedules for the departmental staff.
- Adheres to the standards of The Retirement Homes Act and regulations, as well as the standards, policies and procedures of Signature Retirement Living.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within the team, with residents and clients and families as well as external service resources. • Demonstrate solid nursing, leadership and organizational skills.
- Able to work under minimal supervision, and demonstrate the ability to effectively supervise others.
- Strong English language communication skills, both oral and written.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Maintains a current registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Approximately 5 -7 years of relevant experience.
- Proven supervisory skills.
Application Deadline: September 16 2019
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields