As a COOK and a key member of the Food & Nutrition Services department, you will work as part of a team to plan and facilitate food production in the main kitchen by preparing nutritious meals and snacks for the Residents of Shepherd Village, in accordance with Long-term Care and Retirement legislation, Public Health regulations, and other applicable standards.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong knowledge of the Canada Food Guide and therapeutic diets, and be able to increase or decrease recipe yields based on the needs of facility. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills amongst his/her peers, and skillfully produce and craft catering orders for special occasions, large events and other meetings as needed.
You will be expected to represent Shepherd Village in a courteous and professional manner, while maintaining amicable relationships with staff, Residents and their families, in keeping with our Corporate Values.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications & skills:
- Completion of Chef Training or Culinary Management diploma, required
- Red Seal Certified, preferred
- 3+ years' experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a long-term care, retirement or hospitality setting, required
- Previous experience in large function catering, preferred
- Effectively communicate in English with staff, Residents and their family members
- Ability to receive and follow instructions effectively and efficiently work independently or with others
- Capable of meeting the physical requirements of the job, including but not limited to;
- Lifting up to 50lbs max
- Carrying/transporting objects up to 25lbs max
- Bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, stretching
- Pushing & pulling up to 100lbs max
- Standing for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent walking covering long distances
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields